The weather here has been moodier than normal. Bright sunshine yesterday, balmy and warm, to a freezing morning today with torrential rains. Last week, hailstorms the size of marbles last week that shredded my lovely little garden. And Earl on the east coast back in the U.S.? Eerie. Here’s what Naomi has to say about it: "Oh no!"
As a result of all this bizarre weather, Naomi got a small cold this weekend and I took her in for an appointment today. I was happy with the diagnosis: a small virus that I should treat with passion fruit juice a plenty. This we can do! The only good thing about the storm last week is the avocado tree rained avocados so we will have a few tonight for dinner. And Naomi’s cold hasn’t kept her from talking up a storm. She just mastered “thank you” and “love you” and has taken a few steps into her first words of Luganda. She’s working, slowly, on saying amazi (water) and amata (milk).
All the while we listen with horror to the sounds of construction across Archer Rd. I shudder to think of what the "Wedding Palace" will sound like on weekends once construction is complete...
No comments:
Post a Comment