International consulting - It is not as glamorous - oh-hum I am living in a tropical paradise - a job as you may think. Just look at what they made us wear during our field trip at the USAID conference!!! Look at us crazy foreigners walking around a pig farm. But once you see the pigs – more importantly, once you SMELL the pigs you understand the get up. Just look at this guy!!! I won't tell you what he did after I took this photo...
The conference was interesting, and I really enjoyed being back in Phnom Penh, and seeing and appreciating all the changes since I was last there in 2001. There is still an edge to PP, but it is softened with a growing middle class and the side walk cafes and trendy restaurants that they bring.
Funny "want to play doctor??" outfits aside - I enjoyed the field trip. We went to the north west of PP along the Mekong River to see some of the project sites of DAI's project in Cambodia. I enjoyed walking around a the small river town we stayed in. Unlike other places I have been - they did not treat us "the tourists" rather let us be. It was very refreshing and makes me want to explore more of the rural parts of Cambodia - and gets me excited about our trip to Loas - it is just a matter of when we can do it.
OK - so our work is not that bad.....here is the hotel I stayed at in PP... : )
No comments:
Post a Comment