Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The stockings are hung...

I'm a sucker for that time of year when the Christmas carols start playing.  Yes, of course, it often starts too early every year, but it is a little reminder of something constant for me.  In Uganda, they put out the Christmas decorations in early October, so I get my fix quite early.  Since I'm away for all of December on assignment, Naomi and I got the tree up early, decorated the gingerbread house, and watched Christmas classics together in the balmy, distinctly un-Christmas-like Kampala temperatures.  

I'm in Thailand now, getting paperwork in place to fly to Myanmar/Burma in a few days.  On the computer with my mother tonight, she said I needed to go to the Shwegadon pagoda in Yangon/Rangoon, as that is where she picked up the many tiny little golden owl ornaments we have all over our Heuisler family tree some 35 years ago.  Let's see if we find them so we can get some for our little Heuisler/Foan tree.  






No comments: