Today I arrived in Nairobi 7 years after my first visit. It is a changed city: new spirit of hope, better paved roads, decreased crime....and the same old traffic jams. I talked to a few people about the referendum results - Kenya voted Yes this Wednesday for a new constitution. I didn't realize it was the country's first Kenyan constitution and they were working with the British Lancaster document from post-independence days. All of the people I have talked to said Kenya was now in the hands of the people, not the 'big cats'. Let's hope my meetings are as fruitful as this national event appears to have been.
Also today, in Baltimore, my Uncle Phil is laid to rest after 73 incredible years as a loving husband, dad, grand-dad, brother, storyteller, businessman and jazz enthusiast. All of the Uganda Heuislers and Foans are sending their love to the Heuislers in Baltimore.
Meanwhile, Lendell is sleep training with Naomi in Kampala (yes, again) and we are waiting patiently as a family for our shipment to arrive, currently stalled in Mombasa. Let's hope the Kenyan nationalism revived this week helps get the container on a truck quickly...
Here is a short video of Naomi dancing with Dada.
No comments:
Post a Comment