We have been enjoying quieter days and nights at home lately. These pictures are a bit grainy as I've taken to capturing her antics on my iPhone (yes, I finally got a new phone!). Naomi (seen here in a jumper in the brisk 'winter' weather in Kampala) likes running through the yard and chasing all the birds and butterflies and imitating the sounds they make. The trees in the background are a large white frangipani, an unidentified tree that looks like it may be some sort of nut and that is growing orchids in its high branches, and an avocado tree. Papaya and Ugandan savory banana, called matoke, grow in the very back at the end of the cement path.
Here is her own private house from the box from our oven. I forgot how fun these houses can be. I've found bits to use as decor on the house but as soon as I paste them on Naomi rips them off. She is also mildly obsessed with my shoes and trying to walk them around the house - my favorite Balinese pair in particular. She definitely got her good taste from me. 
No comments:
Post a Comment